martes, 8 de julio de 2014

First week in Paris!!! Did a lot, learned a lot!

This first week I tried to do as much as possible! A month in Paris is a long time, but if you try to take it easy, thinking that you have time, you won't be able to see everything that this amazing city has to offer.

Every morning I go to class, from 10 am until 4 pm, after that, I get to enjoy Paris!

I visited the Eiffel tower, 3 times already, but haven't had the time to go to the top. I had a picnic with my friends under the tower during the weekend, we waited for the tower to light up, and we stayed until they turned it off.

Also, I went to the Arc de triomphe, did't go to the top either, but I took some pictures and also walked along Champs Élysées, I even did some shopping, it is sales season!!

I went for the second time to the catacombs! Ever since I was a kid, and watched The hunchback of Notre Dame, I got curious about the catacombs, I used to wonder if they were real, so finding out that they exist, I definitely had to go! Besides, the history behind them is so interesting, how thousands of bodies had to be place there at the end of the XVIII century because they had no more space in other cementaries and also because the bodies were so badly handled, that people would get sick. But what I find more interesting is the way they placed the bones to create walls.

I also went with most of the group I am here with to a concert at Notre Dame of Paris, it was of music of Bach, it was extraordinary! Being in that place listening to such beautiful music, it was a wonderfull experience!

I went to the Moulin Rouge to get tickets for the show for next week!!

And finally, at the end if the week I went to Disney!!!! That was fun!! But it rained a lot.

Hope the weather gets a little drier!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario